The Senior RPG Programmer Analyst provides programming support for existing software enhancements within the ATM/Debit Card software. Support may be for customer or internal organizations. Troubleshooting and debugging skills are used extensively.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record showing: excellent customer service skills, the ability to multi-task, success working within a team environment, and the ability to participate in after-hours and weekend on-call rotations. This individual must also be able to work under minimal supervision and be self-driven.
About our team
We are committed to reducing impact and providing excellent customer service and quick resolutions should issues arise. The Senior Programmer Analyst will be an integral part of meeting our commitments. We work closely with the development, QA, install and Release teams allowing the opportunity for advancement.
- Minimum of 6 years of a combination of RPG-ILE, RPG Free Form, CL, CLLE or Embedded SQL experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Able to participate in on-call rotation to provide assistance during after-hours to support customers during software updates
- High level troubleshooting abilities , coupled with analytical and debugging skills necessary to analyze issues related to RPGLE and CLLE, ability to modify programs, write fix programs to correct data, if necessary
- Able to write software code; good knowledge of appropriate programming language(s).
- Able to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of the financial industry - ATM/debit card experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of applicable Change Management System.
- Strong communication and customer interaction skills.
- Develops programming code for new and/or existing software enhancements.
- Devises block diagrams, logic procedures and prepares flowcharting.
- Troubleshoots and debugs existing code.
- Tests code and fixes to ensure quality.
- Develops conversion and system implementation plans; implements newly created code and fixes into existing software.
- Provides programming support for various interfaces.
- Keeps customers informed of all enhancements, troubleshooting, and fixes; may assist the customer in determining if and how system enhancements may improve process flow and business function.
- Creates all programming documentation; may include defining the system and functional requirements of the product
- May complete project bids and/or work effort estimates. Interacts with customers to gather system requirements.
- Serves as project lead on complex projects.
- Mentors, trains, develops and provides support to less experienced co-workers.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Familiar with iSeries operating system for navigation and resolving compile issues which may be related to OS errors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.