Symitar, the recognized leader in core data processing solutions for U.S. credit unions, is seeking an experienced and dynamic Senior SQL DBA. This candidate would help pave the way in implementing and supporting our clients in a SQL environment.
The immediate need for this DBA is to help several clients standup their SQL environments and test our developed product, with the longer term goal of supporting the released product and helping to create a managed DBA services offering. To be successful the DBA should have strong experience with administering, managing, documenting and performance tuning of SQL Servers. This candidate will work alongside our clients and development teams to ensure a successful release. As a senior member of the team, you will be expected to mentor and train other resources on SQL servers.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a SQL Server DBA
- Bachelor’s degree
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and an understanding of Microsoft Server administration.
- Experience with analyzing database performance and the ability to recommend enhancements to increase application efficiency, capacity, and responsiveness to users
- Experience with creating standards and executing processes for Installing, Configuring, Securing, and Monitoring Microsoft SQL Server in a high-availability environment.
- Ability to work with Developers, System Administrators, Architects, and IT Management to plan and size production systems.
- Ability to Identify and resolve related database issues.
- Ability to work with clients in a positive, polite, and supportive manner.
- Participated in monitoring, testing, and performing recovery operations with stored and archived data and images using network storage devices.
- Knowledge of Replication Technologies (transactional, merge) in a production environment
- Working knowledge of SAN concepts and physical array design
- Experience supporting a managed DBA services offering
- Maintains several database environments; applies updates, maintenance packs, patches, & fixes for all environments.
- Prepares implementation plans for application upgrades and may coordinate rollout.
- Designs database reporting infrastructure.
- Monitors server performance and makes changes as needed. May design performance monitoring systems.
- Mentors new DBA staff and provides training.
- Works closely with developers, support and QA teams to design and optimize all DB environments.
- Prepares scripts to automate administration tasks.
- Performs advanced database administration activities including; installation, configuration, monitoring, space management, database backup and recovery, and may design disaster recovery procedures.
- Performs installation, configurations, and maintenance for clustered database servers.
- Plans and performs database server upgrades and determines standards for server configuration.
- Performs database reviews and provides input to database design.
- Writes and reviews stored procedures and makes recommendations for optimization.
- May assist less experienced peers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.