Symitar, a Jack Henry & Associates brand, is currently looking for a Test Automation Engineer to join our Episys core development group. Our Test Automation Engineer designs, develops, and maintains reusable automated test scripts. You will be responsible for taking our created test cases and queuing them up for automation to test financial software programs to verify that these programs function according to user requirements and conforms to established guidelines.
This position will be worked out of our San Diego, CA office.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a dedicated QA role.
- Experience with test automation.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous testing experience on financial software.
- Experience with HP ALM.
- Experience working with C# applications.
- Strong knowledge of performance test systems.
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Strong knowledge of software testing lifecycle.
- Experience with use of automated testing tools.
- Able to manage the software quality certification function with accuracy and timeliness.
- Able to review system and functional requirements and extract data to use in preparing automated test plans and scripts.
- Able to meet aggressive deadlines and handle multiple and complex projects.
- Able to use independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Able to define moderate to complex level automated test cases and scenarios.
- Coding skills as required by automation tools utilized.
- Creates and maintains moderately complex automated scripts. Develops reusable automated scripts from a variety of interfaces.
- Schedules and performs testing as assigned; submits errors and issues to development for correction, and retests once errors have been corrected; tests corrected code. Tracks defects and causal analysis to closure.
- Coordinates and monitors moderately complex automation projects from initiation through delivery. Ensures that automation projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Establishes/maintains communication with manual testers/teams to ensure new automation and automation maintenance needs are met in appropriate timeframes.
- Prepares automated test plans and test scripts for software corrections and enhancements. May review test plans and test reports.
- Uses automated Quality Assurance systems to facilitate daily activities.
- May maintain test environments/data to be used with test automation.
- Executes and reports results of automated scripts in test management tools. Presents reporting of automation progress as requested.
- Analyzes script results and reports issues as requested. Performs code reviews of automated scripts from team members.
- Provides assistance with running automated tests and training on automation to other teams as requested. Provides technical assistance to other members of the automation team.
- Understands and debugs scripts developed by team peers.
- May assist and instruct software developers in designing test cases for unit testing.
- May assist and instruct in creating use cases for UMLs.
- May create and maintain test libraries, databases, and test environments.
- May assist with any software changes for documentation update or correction.
- May assist with alpha and beta testing; prepares enhancement test plans used at beta site.
- May assist with the education and training of software enhancements and conveying corrections to other employees.
- May create or assist with creation of manual tests.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.