Symitar, a Jack Henry & Associates brand, is currently looking for a Senior Technical Business Analyst to join our Episys Product Management team. This role contributes to the software development process by ensuring complete and accurate documentation of system requirements. This includes activities such as business problem analysis, user requirements walk throughs, and gathering use cases that you will use to recommend business solutions meeting the customer's need. The Senior Technical Business Analyst also serves as a liaison between subject matter experts, customers and development departments during the product development phase.
This role can sit in either our San Diego, CA or Allen, TX offices.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience as an Analyst, Scrum Master or Project Leader.
- Previous work experience in a technical environment required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Sciences, or related field preferred.
- Previous UML (Unified Modeling Language), systems analyst experience, technical analysis or modeling experience is preferred.
- Financial services industry experience.
- Excellent communication and customer interaction skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Good grammar and writing skills.
- Able to define system, functional and non-functional requirements.
- Able to interact with and communicate well with other technical associates.
- Experience in Agile, such as SCRUM, or Waterfall software development methodologies.
- Creation, as well as execution, of use cases is strongly preferred.
- Performs business problem analysis to formulate solutions for business needs.
- Understands and suggests how software systems and technology can help solve business problems.
- Defines the scope for projects.
- Interacts with subject matter experts and customers to gather system requirements.
- Ensures common understanding of purpose of projects.
- Facilitates cross-project risk-based management decisions.
- Defines the system, functional and non-functional requirements of the product.
- Determines, defines, and documents/maps system specifications as well as process improvements that may include User Stories, Use Cases, Logical Models, Activity, Sequence, State Transition & Process Flow Diagrams, Report Specifications and Data Mapping & Flow Diagrams.
- Prepares business requirements, functional and non-functional specifications including key requirements aspects like traceability, reusability.
- Uses business modeling such as UML (Unified Modeling Language) or Business Process Modeling and Notation (BPMN) to convert requirements into different types of 'models' or 'diagrams', each of which describes a particular aspect of the requirements.
- Creates clear, testable requirements that results can be measured against the business models.
- Serves as a resource and/or participant in business process re-design activities. Assists the customer in determining if and how system enhancements may improve process flow and business function.
- Works with quality assurance and programming teams to ensure changes are migrated into production correctly.
- Interacts with technical teams to convey business requirements.
- May perform application, system and regression tests.
- Contributes to end-user and project management documentation.
- Works with industry research groups to prepare for product trends.
- May assist less experienced peers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.