The Systems Engineer participates in the planning, design, and implementation of enterprise monitoring and security systems. The ideal candidate will have experience with enterprise SIEM products. The Systems Engineer will also partner with other teams to ensure data centers, network architectures, and systems designs will work with a high degree of interoperability and resilience. The Systems Engineer will also be competent in information security principles and theory.
- Minimum of 18 months experience as a Systems Engineer or Administrator in an enterprise environment
- Minimum 12 months experience with SIEM and logging tools
- Bachelor’s degree
- Good knowledge of IT infrastructure concepts and principles.
- General knowledge of company products and services.
- Good communication and customer interaction skills.
- Basic project management skills.
- Able to use independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Able to multi-task and resolve issues.
- Requires the ability to work in stressful installation environments.
- Understand the need to regard confidential customer and company information
- A good understanding of the basic principles of network theory and design
- A good understanding of the basic principles of information security theory and design
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide operational system administration support for enterprise applications in a high availability, 24x7x365 environment.
- Assists with IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs in support of one or more functional areas.
- Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software.
- Perform troubleshooting, resolution and problem analysis.
- Monitor alerting systems and servers.
- Review issues logs and network capacity reports to identify trends and solutions that should be implemented enterprise-wide.
- Maintain in-depth documentation of activities and system configuration.
- Assists with the preparation of systems assessments or certifications.
- Assists with the execution of test processes and scenarios, track results, and make recommendations of system fixes.
- Assist with network disaster recovery initiatives. Implement solutions to streamline disaster recovery.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.