Jack Henry & Associates is seeking a talented, driven Systems Engineer who blends enterprise Linux experience with the willingness to embrace new technologies. The Engineer will report to the Cloud Services - Service Design & Deployment Manager and will work on a team with 3 other professionals. In this position, the Systems Engineer will be responsible for the automation and orchestration of software infrastructures in a Cloud Native Infrastructure environment. This position will be filled and worked out of the Lenexa, KS, Springfield, MO, or Allen, TX office. You will have the opportunity to work with leading edge technologies and be part of a new team that will help set the technological direction of JHA's cloud environment. Jack Henry offers career advancement and competitive benefits.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Linux Operating systems
- Experience with containerization technologies (example: Docker or Garden RunC)
- Experience with Pivotal or Open Source Cloud Foundry environments
- Experience with automating application and infrastructure delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience with supporting and implementing cloud native automation and orchestration tools such as Mesos, Marathon, or Kubernetes
- Experience with IaaS tooling such as BOSH, JuJu, or VMware Orchestrator
- Experience with data lake technologies such as ElasticSearch or Hadoop
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT field
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - Position Specific
- Support JHA application owners in the delivery and maintenance of their cloud native applications
- Gather and understand business requirements and be able to translate them as technical requirements.
- Design, Build and Maintain Cloud Native Infrastructure to support new JHA applications
- Develop application and infrastructure management solutions and processes within JHA’s cloud environments
- Identify, create, and maintain tools to support JHA’s cloud
- Work with other engineering and operations teams to integrate Cloud and data center infrastructure components
- Create and participate within JHA service management processes for new JHA cloud native applications
- Build and enact your knowledge to implement end to end automation and orchestration of JHA cloud native applications and infrastructure
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architects in developing new solutions to enhance and create new services within the JHA cloud
- Provide operational system administration support for enterprise applications in a high availability, 24x7x365 environment.
- Assists with IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs in support of one or more functional areas.
- Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software.
- Perform troubleshooting, resolution and problem analysis.
- Monitor alerting systems and servers.
- Review issues logs and network capacity reports to identify trends and solutions that should be implemented enterprise-wide.
- Maintain in-depth documentation of activities and system configuration.
- Assists with the preparation of systems assessments or certifications.
- Assists with the execution of test processes and scenarios, track results, and make recommendations of system fixes.
- Assist with disaster recovery/avoidance initiatives. Implement solutions to streamline disaster recovery and avoidance
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.