Symitar, a Jack Henry & Associates brand, is currently looking for a Senior Strategic Project Manager to join our Episys Software Acceptance Management team. The Senior Strategic Project Manager manages planning, execution, control and closing of release testing events, including but not limited to alpha and beta testing of the Episys software. Release testing requires the management of cross-organizational resources and Episys clients to identify and resolve software issues prior to general availability. Release testing also includes the management of a company-wide regression and new functionality test by subject matter experts (SMEs) within the organization. The project manager reports progress and results to executives and senior management and is responsible to facilitating the resolution of issues on a rigorous schedule.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a project management or analyst role.
- Must have experience in financial or information technology fields.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Excellent communication and customer interaction skills.
- Knowledge and experience in project management best practices.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project or Changepoint preferred.
- Knowledge of the financial industry.
- General knowledge of JHA product(s) and services.
- General knowledge of software development/IT practices and procedures.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Able to use professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Able to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Able to interact with senior internal and external personnel.
- Manages company-wide subject matter expert testing phase (SME testing).
- Manages client Alpha test of Episys software.
- Manages client Beta test of Episys software.
- Manages the development and implementation of new or upgraded products and/or manages the creation and implementation of corporate processes.
- Manages cross-functional teams, focused on delivering Episys releases or enhancements via SME, alpha and beta testing. Monitors the testing events from initiation through release delivery including planning and directing schedules and monitoring budget/spending.
- Organizes cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the project is on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Provides mentoring and support to other project managers in dealing with project management issues for their assigned projects.
- Demonstrates excellent project management skills.
- Assists peers as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.