As a Software Engineering Manager on the Banno Team at Jack Henry, you’ll get the chance to make a real, positive impact on people’s lives. Our mission is to give people the best possible experience they can have with their finances. We’re doing this by reimagining the online banking ecosystem and building products that empower and delight. This position will be filled out of Cedar Falls, IA and or Remote. Travel of up to 5% may be required for company meetings and professional development.
The Software Engineering Manager leads and directs the iOS team on the development of Banno Mobile in close cooperation with our product design, API, and other client teams. Banno Mobile is a large, native iOS application which is themed, branded, and deployed for hundreds of U.S. based financial institutions and used by hundreds of thousands of users each month. iOS Engineers are constantly keeping our app up-to-date with the newest development practices from Apple to offer exciting user experiences for highly secured data.
About the Banno team
We are committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, culture, and openness—the perfect place to make phenomenal products that have a big impact. Our work environment echoes a modern tech startup but we have the security and benefits of a large, publicly traded company. With an engineering team of around 100, we place high value on continued education and also contribute to, and use, open source projects.
Our team is distributed and that means you can live and work wherever you want–as long as your work hours match US business hours. You’ll get the chance to choose your own tools, work with bleeding edge technologies, and contribute to products that are used by thousands of people.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in a software engineering field.
- Must have significant experience managing an engineering team.
- Must have a minimum of 6 years combined programming experience with Objective-C and Swift.
- Must have successfully launched one or more apps on iOS App Store or deployed Enterprise Apps to an organization.
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, and Core Graphics is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is preferred
- Strong objective oriented design skills.
- Experience designing custom user interfaces in accordance to design rules.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies.
- Experience writing automated unit and integration tests for iOS providing adequate code coverage.
- Experience with automated build and deployment tools.
- Passion for true leadership and building an engineering culture.
- Experience writing automated unit and or integration tests for iOS providing adequate code coverage is preferred.
- Through subordinate managers:
- Plans and leads the development of new software products and enhancements.
- Oversees the analysis, design, development and maintenance of software solutions.
- Oversees the definition and documentation of business and technical design requirements.
- Oversees the preparation of design specifications, analysis and recommendations.
- Ensures all software solutions and enhancements are fully tested, debugged and meet product quality standards prior to release to QA.
- Ensures all projects are delivered on time, within budget and within a high level of corporate quality standards.
- Ensures all reported system issues are resolved.
- Oversees application administration activities.
- Ensures technology solutions support the needs of the customer and/or organization.
- Coordinates work and services with other departments, contract service providers, and vendors.
- Determines practicality of ideas based on projected costs and sales potential.
- Performs continuous review of technologies, industry standards and industry-related developments and makes recommendations relative to the need for further research and associated changes.
- Provides consistent leadership to each individual; sets objectives; reviews performance, produces career development plans, and addresses concerns.
- May serve on Product Review Committees, Technology Review Committees and/or other committees, as required.
- May manage vendor relationships.
- May oversee activities relating to website development and management such as the development of websites and applications, ensuring functionality of websites and building software applications to provide the technical architecture of the site, user interfaces, and back-end database.
- May serve as an expert on software architecture and programming principles
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.