The Systems NW Administrator is responsible for monitoring, modifying and maintaining systems for acceptable availability, stability and response time to customers. Systems include, but are not limited to, data center, network, operating system, product development, mail server, applications server and groupware. This position will be responsible for monitoring datacenter services and taking appropriate action to respond to alerts. A high level of focus and attention to detail is necessary and decisions will be made to determine successful response to alerts. Some troubleshooting will take place in order to resolve alerts. Since our DC Operations Center operates 24 x 7 this position will be expected to work overnights and weekends.
- 12 months of experience in Technical Support or System Monitoring/Administration.
- Developing professional expertise. Works on non-complex to moderately complex projects. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices.
- Good knowledge of IT infrastructure concepts and principles.
- General communication and customer interaction skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of products offered by JHA.
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve customer problems in a timely manner.
- Able to monitor, modify and maintain assigned system(s) in support of optimal performance and availability.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) preferred.
- Applicable industry standard certification(s) preferred.
- Monitors systems for optimum performance and availability.
- Installs, configures and maintains systems, such as LAN, WAN, Internet and/or data networks.
- Implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Troubleshoots and resolves customer and internally-reported system problems.
- Implements and monitors corporate security policies.
- Documents and implements system procedures, policies and events.
- Participates in on-call 24x7 support rotation.
- Assists in performing essential functions required for effective system backup and restore testing.
- Assists in performing periodic recovery testing of DR plans.
- May manage data access and data permissions.
- Assists in managing user accounts.
- May assist support groups with applications installed on various servers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.