Under moderate supervision, responsible for maintaining and revising existing code as well as writing new code for enhancements or fixes. Work directly with Financial Institutions to troubleshoot product templates and custom code. Support may be for customer or internal organizations.
Candidate must possess leadership qualities, be extremely organized and self-motivated, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where flexibility and adaption are critical to success
- Minimum of 18 months of experience in programming and/or systems software and support.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer or business related discipline.
- Able to read and write various programming languages.
- Strong knowledge of the bank/credit union industry.
- Excellent communication and customer interaction skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong grammar and writing skills.
- Able to define system and functional requirements.
- Able to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Able to interact with and communicate well with other technical associates.
- An understanding of various SDLC methodologies.
- Works on moderately complex to extremely complex projects that have an accelerated life cycle.
- Work directly with financial institutions to verify, investigate, pinpoint and define reported issues.
- Develop programming code for new and/or existing software enhancements and/or defects.
- Provide limited programming guidance for clients attempting to write their own code.
- Assist the client in determining if and how system enhancements may improve process flow and business function.
- Devises logic procedures.
- Troubleshoots and debugs existing code.
- Tests code and fixes to ensure quality.
- Provides programming support for various interfaces.
- Keeps customers informed of all enhancements, troubleshooting, and fixes; may assist the customer in determining if and how system enhancements may improve process flow and business function.
- Create programming documentation; may include defining the system and functional requirements of the product
- May complete project bids and/or work effort estimates. Interacts with customers to gather system requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.