Jack Henry & Associates has an opening for an Accounting Analyst to join our Finance Department located in our Springfield - Montclair office. This Accounting Analyst will work across the entire organization and will be focused on what is being input into our Hyperion database. This will specifically relate to budgeting and forecasting information that is entered in to the system.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Computer Science, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 18 months professional Accounting experience.
- Advanced Excel skills are a plus.
- Good knowledge of GAAP and other accounting principles.
- Ability to work well under pressure, work effectively with both employees and management.
- Well organized and detail oriented to handle in-depth special projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to accurately apply company policies and procedures.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts and apply basic math, accounting, and finance principles.
- Able to type accurately and efficiently, including 10-key.
- Able to work with confidential materials and employee information and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Able to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Records, classifies, and posts details of business transactions in accordance with accounting and auditing policies and procedures.
- Prepares journal entries and monthly financial statements.
- Performs balance sheet account analysis and reconciliation to the General Ledger.
- Compiles various analyses for management review on a periodic basis. Works closely with operations managers to develop pertinent reports and/or analysis that will aid them in making managerial decisions about their line of business.
- Conducts research projects in specific area of Accounting and responds to all inquiries.
- Reviews, monitors and resolves reports pertaining to billing, revenue flow and/or expenditures.
- Assists with the monthly and annual budget and forecast with input from the various department heads and managers.
- Collaborates with managers to assist in translating their operational requirements into financial statement formatting.
- Performs monthly review of P&L reports; may include variance analysis.
- Works with managers to explain variances.
- Acts as financial liaison for operations.
- Performs other special projects as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.