Jack Henry & Associates is seeking a Revenue Accountant to join our team. The Revenue Accountant role is one that requires extensive professional experience with GAAP (preferably revenue recognition), Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), and SEC reporting. This position will use research, analytical and communication skills including the ability to analyze complex accounting based information and formulate decisions/recommendations as to correct accounting treatment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- 3 years of working experience in a technical based accounting role that includes expertise experience working with GAAP (preferrably revenue recognition)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis in Excel using pivot tables, v-lookups, and formulas.
- CPA or other equivalent certification preferred
- PeopleSoft or similar finance ERP software experience preferred
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), internal controls, and SEC reporting
- Review and interpret contracts and assess revenue accounting implications in accordance with revenue recognition accounting standards, interpretations and regulations. Assist other departments in resolving revenue recognition accounting entries through research, determining the best approach to resolution, and communicating effectively with the relevant parties.
- As part of a team, assess impact of new revenue recognition accounting guidance, gather and analyze relevant data, and prepare reports, disclosures, analyses and other relevant documentation as required.
- Implement and perform routine checks and balances on revenue recognition, to ensure an efficient process for ensuring revenue is recognized in the correct general ledger accounts and periods. Communicate effectively with relevant parties to ensure accurate recording of transactions. Process detailed revenue based journal entries.
- As part of a team, assess various other areas of technical accounting, including SEC Reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) tasks, and perform other special projects as assigned.
- Accurately perform various other monthly, quarterly, and annual contract reviews and financial analyses.
- Maintain supporting files and accounting documentation.
- Perform other routine daily and monthly responsibilities including reconciliations, forecasting, and other relevant projects.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.