Jack Henry and Associates is seeking a Sr. Developer for our contract-to-hire opportunity in Lenexa, KS & Springfield, MO with our dynamic agile software development team. Communication and collaboration skills are a must in this highly collaborative environment because you will also be interfacing with other product groups for requirement gathering and troubleshooting. A qualified candidate will have previously worked in an environment where continuous integration and the ability to deliver a working product with each sprint was a primary objective. To be successful in this position you need to be self-motivated, have good research skills, and be flexible to keep up with rapid changes in technology.
This team member will participate in design, architecture, implementation and testing of WCF services and components for scalable and highly available service-oriented applications. This developer will need to be able to develop any slice of the application layer topology including the data layer, application layer and UI layer of applications that the team implements and maintains.
- At least 6 years of technical experience in software development
- At least 5 years’ experience in .NET
- Experience with unit testing tools while developing solutions
- Developed solutions using Visual Studio
- SQL syntax knowledge
In order of importance
- Application Performance Profiling and tuning
- Experience with extremely high volume messaging services
- WCF 4.5 experience
- Experience designing solutions
- OOA and OOD experience
- SQL Server 2012 or higher experience
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 R2/IIS 8.5
- Experience with XML technologies
- Worked with .net core/.net standard frameworks
- ASP.NET MVC
- HTML 5
- Telerik Kendo UI
- Message Queueing systems such as MSMQ
- Azure Service Bus and/or Infrastructure
- TPL (Task Parallel Library)
- Security concepts like PKI, encryption and signatures
- Visual Studio Database Projects
- Windows PowerShell
- Federated Security
- Windows Internal Database
- Entity Framework 5.x or higher
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides both individual and budget-level tasks and product effort estimates/costs.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production, both at an individual and team level.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Participates in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Performs release validation testing and beta support for projects.
- Researches problems and develops solutions to the problems.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
- May contribute to product architecture.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.