Jack Henry & Associates is currently looking for a Payroll Specialist to join our HR Operations team and assist in the processing of our semi-monthly and bi-weekly payroll. Within a PeopleSoft environment, you will help run the full in-house payroll process for over 6,000 employees in more than 35 locations across 23 states.
As a Payroll Specialist with Jack Henry & Associates, you will compile data for the timely and accurate preparation of payroll, including straight and overtime wages, commissions, and federal, state, and local taxes, deductions, garnishments, and off cycle payrolls and manual checks as needed. You will work closely with other departments, such as Finance, Compensation and HRIS, to ensure distribution of payroll data, accuracy of deductions, and system set-up accuracy.
This position will be located in our Allen, TX office.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in payroll processing.
- Experience with full in-house payroll processing is preferred.
- PeopleSoft experience is a plus.
- Experience with a multi-state payroll process.
- American Payroll Association (APA) CPP certification preferred.
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization. Works on moderately complex and diverse projects. Exercises good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts and apply basic math principles.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge of payroll laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of payroll, spreadsheet, and word processing applications.
- Processes semi-monthly or bi-weekly payroll including interim runs, and performs actions necessary to determine pay and deductions including Federal and State taxes, insurance, retirement, savings, and other deductions. Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Coordinates with HRIS to ensure system updates are tested and functional prior to implementing.
- Coordinates with Finance to ensure the accurate reporting of General Ledger (GL) data and garnishment distribution.
- Maintains time and attendance system. Reconciles errors and maintains payroll records.
- Coordinates with Benefits to ensure employee deductions are accurate.
- Prepares Annual Wage Reporting statements (W2s) for employees.
- Trains employees on the time and attendance system.
- Processes monthly and ad hoc reports for management as requested. Compiles payroll data, enters data, computes and posts wages, and reconciles errors to maintain payroll records.
- Coordinates system updates and releases.
- Keeps up-to-date on payroll laws and regulations and communicates any information which affects the employees.
- Prepares periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.